DO NOT WORSHIP WHAT IS KNOWN, QUESTION IT!

Thursday, February 20, 2020

INVESTIGATING PHYSICS


I am here to investigate physics. What does this mean, “Investigate Physics?” To me it means digging deeper into current important topics of today’s physics and asking questions to make sure that everything is consistent. What if we have not been told the whole story about what is going on with today’s physics? What if there are problems with our current physical view of things and the problems are just being ignored and/or swept under the carpet?

Why would I want to investigate physics? Physics has been involved with my life for a long time, both professionally and personally. Professionally, I did not work in physics, but I used physics in my careers. Personally, I think physics is the greatest science in the world and I have been reading and following the biggest current physics topics for a number of years. As a result of the time I have spent learning more about today’s physics, I started developing a lot of questions. So I started researching to look for answers. When I could not find answers to my questions this led to even more questions and more research and digging. In other words, I have already started investigating physics and discovering lots of inconsistencies in the information being given to us.

There is also the issue of public relations for today’s physics. For years I/we have been reading about and heard about all of these great and wondrous things that are going on in physics today. There has been so much talk about string theory, unification theories, discovering what dark matter and dark energy are, and explaining the universe to us. So, where are all of the explanations for these things? I am very much interested in hearing about the next steps that are going to occur in our universe. A unification theory will hopefully give insight on how our universe formed without anti-matter thus allowing us to come into being. We have been waiting for years and have gotten nothing.

So who am I to think that I can investigate today’s physics? Actually, I think I am uniquely qualified to do this. Let me explain. I was an investigator on a police department for almost 20 years before graduating with my undergraduate physics degree. At the time of my graduation I was also married and raising a family with a wonderful woman whom I am still married to. In other words, I was studying physics while doing a whole bunch of other life things. So, physics was not the central point of my life. Also, I was in my mid-forties when I graduated and was in the process of a career change, but still doing investigations. And again, with the career change, physics was a tool in my work life, but it was not a central point in my life. Things stayed this way until my retirement a few years back.

Retirement a few years ago started a new stage in life for me. Physics was still not a central point in my life but the time I spend reading and learning more about physics significantly increased which in turn increased the amount of time I spent on physics. I already had some questions, so this extra time spent on learning more about today’s physics ended up causing me to have a lot more questions on a lot of additional things. In retirement, I had the time to do more research looking for answers. Unfortunately answers to my questions were not being found. It is a funny thing, when you have a question and you cannot get an answer for it this leads to a lot more questions. This is where I am at today.

I think that it is easy to see that the universe we live in is truly a wonderful and exciting place. Even from our confined location on an average planet rotating around an average sun in an average galaxy within our universe it is not hard to see and imagine the wonders around us. Physics is the key to learning about all of these wonders. I believe it always has been, and it always will be. So, the people who made the decision on their own to work on finding the keys to the universe kind of have the responsibility to make sure that they are actually looking for the keys. They must be asking themselves lots of questions about all they find and think they have discovered. They have to make sure that what they are working on will actually do something to move life forward. They have to make sure that they accurately answer all questions, and that they understand all of their answers. Understanding is the first step toward heading in the right direction. In other words, today’s physicists, scientists and mathematicians have to be experts in their work instead of advocates for their work justifying what they think might be right.

Am I the right person to be a “Physics Detective?” Only time will tell. However, if I have questions that cannot be answered, there has to be others that also have the same questions. So, let’s ask the questions and see what happens. If I am wrong, so be it, no harm no foul. If my questions are valid, let’s see where they can lead us.

No comments:

Post a Comment